Community rinks, ponds & lakes for skating. Sledding hills, cross-country skiing & snowshoeing trails (including free snowshoe lending & rental locations). Add a location with this map, or contact me with info. Click on icons for more details. Be safe: minimum ice thickness should be 15-20cm.
Winter Activity Info
- Halifax Ice Thickness Reports
- HRM Indoor Rink Open Public Skate Schedules
- Facebook Group: “Nor’Easter Natural Ice” – Skating Info.
- Cross Country Skiing Info.
- Location guides: #Skating, #Snowshoeing, #Skiing.
- Beginner’s guide: Snowshoeing Basics.
Emera Skating Oval Live View:
Outdoor Activity Calendar
Share Your Adventures: #TakeTheRoofOffWinter
- The Best Hiking Trails Near Halifax For Every Kind Of Hiker - July 8, 2021
- Nova Scotia’s Climate Emergency - March 26, 2021
- The Road To Recovery: Nature Rehab For Body & Mind - January 29, 2020